Sunday, June 28, 2009

16 weeks


This week Poppy is the size of an Avocado. It is crazy how big the baby has gotten in such a short amount of time.

When we found out I was pregnant, the baby was barely the size of a poppy seed. Now, look how big he/she has gotten!

There's a (possibly small) chance that we'll even find out what sex Poppy is this week. I have an ultrasound on Thursday, at 16 weeks 4 days. Poppy has been measuring a couple of days ahead, so there is a slight chance that we'll be able to find out the sex. I'm trying not to get my hopes up too high though. Since I'm considered high-risk, I'll be getting a lot of ultrasounds. If we don't find out the sex at this appointment, I should be able to find it out within the next month or so.

It would be great to know soon though. I think we'll feel more connected to the baby once we know the sex and can finalize a name. I would also love to start picking out the bedding.

I've started getting a little stressed lately that I'm completely unprepared for having a baby. I have no idea how to care for an infant and it's starting to get scary. My friend let me borrow some books, and I'm hoping it will help me start to feel a little more comfortable. I know that, either way, I'm not going to be prepared for this baby, but I'd like to learn as much as I can before having the baby. Maybe some of it will be useful. I guess we'll see. :)

How far along? 16 weeks!
Total weight gain/loss: Still down about five pounds, though I doubt that will last much longer. My appetite came back last week. :(
Maternity clothes? I wore maternity capris yesterday and they were sooo comfy. I also went to a Motherhood Maternity outlet today and found several more pairs of capris and tops.
Stretch marks? I've been a little uncomfortable lately. I'm also having a lot of trouble staying off of my back and belly while sleeping.
Best moment this week: I'm not sure...nothing really stands out.
Movement: Nope. I really hope it starts soon though!
Food cravings:
I've been really into onion rings and steak lately.
Gender: I'm thinking more and more that we might be having a boy...
Labor Signs: None
Belly Button in or out? In
What I miss: Sleeping through the night without getting up to pee several times.
What I am looking forward to: My next ultrasound on Thursday. I really hope the doctor will be able to determine the sex, but I'm not getting my hopes up too high.
Weekly Wisdom: Try to relax and enjoy the pregnancy, instead of wishing for it to go by quickly.
Milestones: None this week.

No comments: