Friday, May 15, 2009

Belated Mother's Day recap

I can't believe that I am almost 10 weeks pregnant. It's crazy, really. I celebrated my first Mother's Day as a "pseudo Mom." I don't entirely feel like a Mom yet, but it was nice celebrating a little. DH got me a pregnant teddy bear from Vermont Teddy Bear. It is so cute and even has a removable belly! My Mom got me a gift card to get a pedicure--I desperately need one!

We also told most of our family on Mother's Day. My Nana had the best reaction. We included a printout of the ultrasound picture in a Mother's Day card for her. She immediately started crying in the restaurant. She was so happy for us--and she had apparently been waiting for this for a very long time! We also told my other grandparents and all of my aunts and uncles. DH then called his grandparents, who were also very excited. His Grammie told me that she was going to light one of the big candles for us in church. It was really sweet.

It's great finally being able to tell people. We are telling some of our close friends tonight. I'm still waiting to tell work until around 12 weeks. Telling people makes the baby feel so much more real. I love it.

No comments: