Friday, April 3, 2009

First round of betas

I went to get my blood test this morning to confirm my pregnancy. I was able to talk the lab tech into giving me my results over the phone because my doctor's office is closed on Fridays.

I'm a little nervous about my results. They are 47, which is a little low according to the tech. I guess they usually like to see 50+ for pregnancy. However, it is probably okay given that I am so early in my pregnancy. I am only 3 weeks and 5 days at this point, which is ridiculously early.

On the American Pregnancy Association site, the range for three weeks is from 5-50, so I am at the high range of that. I'm just going to keep my fingers crossed that everything is okay. They are probably going to send me for more blood work early next week. If the number doubles, then I'll know that everything is going well at this point. For now, I'm going to keep my fingers crossed.

No comments: