Thursday, July 16, 2009

I have a penis inside me!

So, we had the big ultrasound today--and it's a boy! Wow, I really was expecting a girl so I'm a little surprised. We are so excited though. He was really active during the ultrasound and I was worried that he wasn't going to show us the goods. Luckily, he listed to his Mommy's request and started flashing us with his little penis. We got to see it several times. I never thought I'd be so happy to have a little exhibitionist!

The baby was also doing several other cute things. At one point he was sucking his thumb, then he was waving at us. Adorable. He also kept flipping around and we got some good views of him doing a handstand. So cute.

The baby's heartbeat was 130 today, which is solid boy range (if you believe in OWT). He is also really big. He was 11 ounces today, which is farther ahead than I've been reading online. (BabyCenter says the baby should be 7 ounces today and Your Pregnancy Week by Week says around 5 1/2 ounces.)

I'm a little nervous about what to do with a boy and I'm a little scared of the first time he tries to bring me a caterpillar or bug to show me. It should be a lot of fun though. Yay!

No comments: