Wednesday, March 4, 2009

DH's pregnancy plan

I tested this morning at 10 DPO. It was negative, of course. I got a pretty big spike (.4 degrees) this morning, so I thought it might be worth POAS. I was wrong, unfortunately. After the BFN, I crawled back in bed with DH. He doesn't like how stressed I've been about this, especially about fluctuations in my temperatures. I agreed to take a break on temping and OPKs for next month and to try to focus on relaxing and not being so stressed. DH mapped out a TTC plan for us to try next month, if I get AF. Here's DH's plan:

“The DH Plan”

This is just a suggested plan and you are in no way being forced into doing this. Following the plan is at your option, though it would be appreciated by me if you really did give it a shot.

1. Based on previous month’s estimates of ovulation, we do it approximately every other day during days 9 to 18 of your cycle.

  • No stressing over doing it exactly every other day. Just make “best efforts”.
  • Try to have fun

2. Reduce Stress and Obsessing

  • No taking your temperature or viewing your temperature chart
  • No ovulation test strips
  • Reduced time on “the bump” or any other pregnancy related website (e.g., 15 minutes per day max)

3. Positive Anticipation

  • No focusing on negatives
  • No focusing on other’s ability to get pregnant
  • No whining/pouting (you’ll probably make that face when you read this)
  • Remind yourself that there are some things that are out of your control
  • Remind yourself that it is perfectly normal for it to take 6 to 12 months to get pregnant
  • Focus on the positive parts of having a baby--anything positive goes
  • Instead of fretting over not being pregnant, think optimistically (not “I wish I was pregnant”, but rather “I will get pregnant in the near future”)

4. Eating Healthy

  • Reduce calories
  • No candy
  • No regular soda
  • Cut back significantly on fried food
  • Reduce Caffeine--Yes, that includes diet Sunkist – just cut back a little
  • Introduce healthier choices
  • More veggies
  • Less fried food
  • Think ahead of healthier options when eating out
  • Eat out / take out less, including going out to breakfast
  • Consider going back to weight watchers if you think that would help

5. Exercise
  • Suggested: 15 minutes per day, 30 minutes on the weekends

DH promises:

1. I won’t police you as long as you truly make best efforts
2. I will join in equally with the eating healthy and will cook healthy meals
3. I will be an encouraging partner
4. I will understand if you have a bad day as long as you’re willing to get back on the horse the next day

No comments: