Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Coming soon!

I will have a baby within the next two weeks. For real. Crazy, huh?

My induction is set for December 8 right now. I'll go in at night on December 7 to get Cervidil, then I'll be induced with Pitocin in the morning. I'm really hoping for a bit of progress before then though. Right now, my cervix is sealed up tight like a fortress and the baby is still floating around and hasn't engaged.

There's a decent chance I may even be induced sooner. My blood pressure has been really high (it was 170/110 the other day). My high-risk OB freaked out about that and the fact that there is enough protein in my urine to have me in the pre-eclampsia range now. She had me do an amnio (ouch!) yesterday to check the baby's lungs. If they were ready, I would have had a c-section this morning. The baby still needs some more time though. I guess mature lungs would be a 60, but he was only a 26.

I'm a little relieved, yet disappointed not to have a baby today. I was scared yesterday and didn't feel ready when they told me the new plan. Everything seemed to be moving too fast. But in the hours that I waited for the test results, I had time to get myself used to the idea of having a baby today, even if it had to be via the dreaded c-section. I am looking forward to meeting my son. I'm also relieved that we have a little more time to get prepared to meet him. We can finish the stuff we need to do around the house this weekend. I also spent most of the day today finishing up work projects so I can be prepared in case they decide to induce me next week.

Now that we have some more time to get ready for Andrew, I just want him here now. I feel a little bad for not being ready to meet him yesterday. I feel more ready today and a little sad that I need to keep waiting. I'm also glad that we know he's not ready, so we can give him some more time to get his lungs to mature. I'm on pretty strict bedrest at this point, so my job is just to relax, keep my BP in check, and wait for Andrew.

How far along? 37 weeks, 3 days
Total weight gain/loss: I am up 6 lbs. from April.
Maternity clothes? Yes, I am pretty much in maternity clothes. I have a few large sweatpants and sweatshirts that fit me though.
Stretch marks? Oh yeah, a lot of them.
Best moment this week: I guess the best thing has been my continued connection to Andrew. I feel really close to him lately and I'm trying to treasure that because I know he's going to be born soon and I'll have to share him with everyone else. For now, he's all mine.
Movement: Lots of movement. DH and I were watching my belly jiggle a few hours ago. He is a very active baby.
Food cravings:
Nothing too major right now. I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow though!
Gender: Boy.
Labor Signs: I've had a few contractions while being monitored during the NSTs. My cervix is still tightly closed though and Andy is floating and not engaged.
Belly Button in or out? In, but it is stretched out a lot.
What I miss: Caffeine, strawberry margaritas.
What I am looking forward to: Meeting Andrew. :)
Milestones: I'm now full term and getting really close to meeting my little guy!

2 comments:

Sara said...

Hey Missy I just wanted to check in with you and see how it's going!

Lindsay said...

Came across your blog and had to say hi! Cute blog